Around Christmas I listed an item on Craigslist for free. I'm always surprised at the responses I receive, people asking me to meet them halfway between Algonquin/Crystal Lake and Rockford and people responding that they want what I have and they can meet me in Algonquin, but when I ask them to meet me in Crystal Lake, they say that's too far. (For those who don't know, Algonquin and Crystal Lake are 10-15 minutes away from each other.) This response was by far the best (re-typed exactly as I received it, errors and all) -
"Hello my name is megan , and i came across your book ends on CL. They r beautiful , they would make a wonderful addition to my grandmothers collection. She lives in phoenix AZ. I dont know what your willing to do to get rid of them but i dont have any money or vehicle or else i would pick them up in heart beat and give them to her as a gift. they would make her so happy. Its been a hard year and i hope to make it back home to AZ myself someday, I stay w/my dad right now cuz things are real bad and i had no choice. alot of things this holiday have come from CL, cant be 2 good 4 the used. But that aside depending on how determened you are to get rid of them let me know If your wiling to mail them 2 phoenix in good faith as a good gestiar of the holiday season. That would be amazing. LOL but if not I understand. you have my e-mail address so let me know. and if there was anything you could do I could send u 5 bucks or so in the near future 4 what ever the cost.
merry christmas and happy new year anyways,
love megan."
How determined I am to get rid of them? If I was that determined to get rid of them, wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier to just walk 5 feet to the garbage and throw them away?! Rather than paying to have them shipped to Arizona?! Keep in mind that these are BOOKENDS! They're not exactly light. I wouldn't be able to mail them on a 43¢ stamp. Y'know that saying "there are no stupid questions"? I think this is an example of one exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment